Contact one of our consultants
Technical Project Officer - (Consumer and Sensory Services) in Warwickshire
Job Title: Technical Project Officer- (Consumer and Sensory Services)
Location: Leamington Spa
Salary: £17,750 – £22,500pa dependent upon experience (Grade G2)
Benefits: 24 days plus public holidays, pension scheme, ‘permanent health scheme’ if you are unable to continue work for health reasons and a ‘death in service’ scheme. Other benefits include subsidised restaurant/vending machine and parking on site.
Closing Date: 16th November
The Consumer and Sensory Sciences Department offers an array of services to enable clients to specify, monitor and control product attributes and understand consumer perceptions, preferences and attitudes to support product development and improvement programmes.
The Department is structured across a number of sections focussed on providing analysis and testing services, training, method and application innovation and consumer insights. The majority of the Department’s work is contract related funded by clients from across the agri-food supply chain.
Provide technical support to the Analysis & Testing Consumer section: This will involve collation of data to meet client individual needs, including weekly meetings with product developers/technologists etc at client premises; test design, deployment and reporting utilising specialist sensory software systems; liaising with suppliers, working with sub-contractors at offsite test locations and supervising respondents.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Working closely with respondents, before, during and after tests.
- Arranging product supplies and testing materials directly with clients.
- Invoicing of suppliers.
- Involvement with the logging in and storage of products and being responsible for setting up report templates, collation, analysis and interpretation of data, producing final reports and ensuring delivery to strict timescales.
- Utilisation of specialist sensory software in test design, data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Assisting with the general promotional and administrative duties associated with the section and department.
Qualifications and competencies:
- Degree level or equivalent experience plus minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in a professional services environment.
- Proficient in Word and Excel - minimum intermediate level
- Accurate with a high level of attention to detail
- PowerPoint and database knowledge beneficial
- Effective verbal written and communication skills
- Full driving licence
- Verbal and written client facing communication to impart and discuss technical detail with audiences having both specialist and non-specialist knowledge.
- Proactive communication of information with line manager and cascaded information and instructions to other team members.
- Liaising with clients and suppliers as necessary to provide consumer panel testing information and potential new business generation, and to schedule product testing, to ensure tests and supply of samples run smoothly and efficiently.
- Make a sound judgment on any samples/ preparation/reports/templates which fall outside the standard procedure based on previous direction, experience and skill
- Responsible for analysing data using specific sensory software for consumer panelling and interpreting this data into the final report.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplined team.
- Ability to work to deadlines while ensuring project objectives are managed.
- Responsibility for organising workload to ensure timely fulfilment of assigned tasks and delivery of outputs within the time period specified.