Contact one of our consultants
Technical Laboratory Administrator Job in Norfolk
Technical Laboratory Administrator
Saddlebow, King’s Lynn
Working with the market leader in liquid fertilizer in the UK. Accredited to ISO 14001 and working towards ISO 45001 in 2023.
This role would suit an experienced quality associate ready to take on more responsibility and lead projects of their own. Consideration will also be given to experienced laboratory professionals who are looking for a more desk-based role.
Our client have several new initiatives that require motivational drive, a methodical approach, and organizational ability. These are (but not limited too).
- Implementation of new comprehensive artwork approval procedure
- Review and improve raw materials acceptance procedure
- Implement a robust product launch process integrating multiple functions
- A new labelling procedure for warehoused good (raw materials, intermediates, and stock product)
- Building and maintaining raw material specification and material safety data sheets (MSDS) libraries and registers.
- Filing, responding to requests and managing transfers of Product MSDSs.
- Building and maintaining finished product specifications and register
- Exporting relevant information from MSDSs to CLP (Classification of Labelling and Packaging) guidance documents. This generates the legal artwork for the export labelling of packages.
- COSHH Assessments of raw materials, reagents, and products
- Support in compiling dossiers for product registrations worldwide including CE marking in the EU
- Label approvals (CLP, Analysis and Batch details)
- Management of LIMS (Laboratory Information Management Systems) inc of specification input, trend analysis and arranging retests
- Managing requests for COAs (Certificates of Analysis) and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Managing external laboratory instrument calibrations and related training schedules
- Supervision of labelling process for raw and intermediate materials
- Gained experience in an ISO accredited environment (or equivalent management system’s such as GLP/GMP)
- Experience would ideally have been gained in a quality team environment, but those from a HSEQ background will be suitable.
- Experience of working in the chemical industry would be ideal. But candidates from medical device, biology, food, and associated sectors may also have the required transferrable skill set.
- Must be conversant in all Microsoft Office software (currently using MS Office 365 & MS Navision Dynamics)
- Proven track record with experience of using LIMS or similar databases
- A focused, proactive, can-do attitude is required to ensure tight deadlines are met
- Methodical, planning, co-ordination & organizational skill sets are essential
- Candidates must be able to work in a team environment but also be able to work upon their own initiative
- The right candidate will be joining a lively and busy team and will need to liaise regularly with other team members
- Clean UK driving license as there may be some inter-site travel.
The standard working hours are 8:30am, to 5pm Monday to Friday. Additional extra hours may be required to fulfil the operational needs of the business.