Contact one of our consultants
Technical and Science Translators, German or French speaking Job in Buckinghamshire
Technical and Science Translators – German or French speaking (English Mother tongue)
Hours: Full-time, permanent (Hybrid working may be possible after successful probation)
Salary: up to £40,000, depending on experience
We are looking for German or French speaking graduates in the following subjects: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering (German speaking) Electronics (German and French speaking) and Physics (French speaking), to train as professional in-house translators for a company that provides patent translators, a global patent filing experience and Intellectual Property (IP) research services to a wide-ranging Global client base.
The successful candidates will have the opportunity to develop their career within the language industry. You will receive high calibre inhouse training through close collaboration with senior translators to learn about Intellectual Property (IP) processes and TRADOS, translation software.
- Native English speaker with excellent knowledge of German, with Degree level or above in Electronic or Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Automotive Engineering.
- Native English speaker with excellent knowledge of French, with a degree level or above in Physics or Electronics.
Work experience in a technical sector preferred.
Knowledge of other languages is advantageous.
Previous translation experience is not necessary.
Excellent Benefits including:
- 22 days’ holiday (rising with length of service)
- a day off for your birthday
- hybrid working opportunities upon successful completion of probationary period
- private medical insurance
- access to an online discount platform
- contributory pension scheme
- SAYE scheme
- life assurance
- annual season ticket loan scheme
- Cycle2Work scheme and free shuttle bus service from Gerrards Cross train station.