Contact one of our consultants
Shift Chemist/Analyst - Oil/Gas/Chemicals industry in Essex
- The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for performing sampling and analysis safely, on time and to recognised international methods and local documented procedures and the preparation of reports via Cclas for issuance to clients to ensure the highest service possible is delivered. Delivering consistently high standards of analytical performance whilst ensuring the laboratory meets ISO 17025 requirements.
- Identify and help to implement improvements to current laboratory operations in order to maximise equipment availability, ensure technical standards are maintained and improved, promote continuous improvement and provision of a quality service to clients, thus ensuring profitability.
- Maintain organised and auditable systems of work to permit traceability and ensure compliance with UKAS accreditation.
- Delivery of agreed analysis to timescales and cost to enable fulfilment of contractual KPI’s and maximise profitability.
- Ensure Laboratory Management Systems (SLIM) is fully operational and utilised to ensure compliance with all test procedures, methods and quality systems, through the delivery of traceable and accurate results.
- Resolution of client enquiries in a timely and effective manner to ensure consistency of service delivery and agreed contractual obligations.
- Provision of reports to Laboratory Supervisor to assist in service, standards and delivery.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Preferably educated to degree level in Chemistry or a related science.
- If not:
- HNC / GCSE or equivalent in Chemistry or similar scientific discipline.
- HND / A Level in chemistry.
- Maths and English GCSE or equivalent, grades (A to C) as a minimum.
- Experience of Oil Gas and Chemicals industry related analysis encompassing a broad spectrum of methods and analysis including all routine standard testing performed.
- Previous experience of working within a UKAS testing laboratory, meeting exacting process and client demands.
- Knowledge of chemistry, international analytical standards, operational procedures analytical equipment and methods such as IP, ASTM.
- Ability to work and plan work with minimal supervision.
- Thorough understanding of the significance of the tests conducted, and the importance of providing a high level of customer service.
- Must be computer literate in use of word, excel and LIMS (Cclas) systems.
- Full UK driving Licence or equivalent.
- Preparation of laboratory techniques and documentation.
- Knowledge and experience of process management and chemical optimisation.
- An appreciation of hydrocarbon process system operation and production chemistry.
- Detailed knowledge of the requirements of ISO 17025.
- Hydrocarbon Processing Technology (modular course).
LM - SC
£21,945 - £26,000 (Up to 10% annual bonus) Shift Allowance - £2,287.80 per annum
Apply for this job
Register your C.V. and apply for this job