Contact one of our consultants
Sensor Scientist in Leicestershire
Our client is a global leader in the Environmental Monitoring sector. Working as an integral part of the R&D team, you will develop new sensors and take on the improvement and development of the existing sensors currently manufactured in the UK. Working on concepts through to validation and release, you will work with design engineers and internal / external partners to drive the company’s product offering to the next level.
- Assist in the design of new products including all steps from initial concept, specification, product design and product validation and testing.
- The design process will involve working with the Director of R&D to ensure best selection of sensing elements and technologies and with a small team of engineers undertake component selection, schematic and circuit board design, pricing and overseeing production of prototypes.
- Liaison with other parts of the Group on co-ordinated research and development plans to ensure the Company meets the needs of its global client base.
- Provide marketing and sales support activities necessary to ensure success of the products you are involved in developing, including helping to prepare manuals and training material.
- Support production department when needed to ensure smooth production of products developed by the R&D team.
Qualifications and experience in Physics, Optical or Electronic Design, with relevant experience.
Knowledge and experience of sensors and sensor technology, ideally within Environmental Monitoring / Meteorology or related.
Proven technical skill in design analysis from first principals and in detailed analysis and validation of products, you will have a good understanding of measurement theory and practice. This may include writing of reports and scientific papers in collaboration with third parties.
Comfortable at managing relationships with all types of people including scientists, engineers and commercial experts. You will be a great communicator, methodical and organised in approach with the ability to translate customer requirements into product development specifications.