Contact one of our consultants
Senior Mechanical Fitter in West Midlands
Full Time Permanent Role
£26k - £29k per annum
Monday – Friday, 7:55am – 4pm, 38 hours per week
Our client is a chemical manufacturing company based out of the West Bromwich area that supplies fine chemicals and intermediates for pharmaceutical, agrochemical and specialty chemical industries.
This role is as a Mechanical Engineer, working within a lower tier COMAH (Control of Major Accident Hazards) facility. It will entail working with a mechanical engineering team, performing maintenance and modification work in order to make sure all systems are safe and up to standard.
- Mechanical plant installation and modification work including TIG welding of pipework etc.
- Mechanical preventative and reactive maintenance work in an industrial environment working on equipment such as gearboxes, pumps, mechanical seals, pipework etc.
- Statutory inspections - pressure testing, plant integrity and commissioning work.
- Experience with Computerised Maintenance Management Systems.
- Experience with the usage and interpretation of equipment drawings, manuals and other technical information to assist with all works.
- Be able to mentor other Mechanical Fitters.
- Be able to mentor apprentices via apprenticeship organisation.
- A recognised mechanical apprenticeship and educated to ONC or City and Guilds level 3 (RQF level 3) in Mechanical Fitting/Engineering is required
- Training with MEWP’s, Abrasive wheels and Confined Spaces is desirable.