Contact one of our consultants
Senior/Lead Electronics Engineer in Oxfordshire
The company is based in Oxford and develops world class technology for display and device products. The group has a mission to create original technology for new-generation displays using organic LEDs (OLEDs) and quantum dot LEDs (QLEDs, QD-LEDs). This group is expanding, creating new opportunities for candidates to have a key research and development role with one of the world’s leading display manufacturers. There is an opportunity for an experienced electronics engineer to take a senior role in the research team that designs original circuits for thin film transistor (TFT) backplanes of OLED displays. This team’s responsibilities include inventing new ultra-small pixel circuits for high definition displays and new pixel circuits based on oxide TFTs (IGZO). This is an exciting role, focusing on research and innovation. They offer excellent training and career development opportunities as well as relocation and employment packages including competitive salary, pension, life assurance and local amenity benefits.
- lead the full development cycle for design of original TFT pixel circuits, including conception, optimisation, simulation, layout, experimental testing and patenting;
- propose and explore research directions for disruptive improvements in performance of OLED backplanes;
- liaise with colleagues in R&D and manufacturing divisions in Asia.
- Masters degree (2:1 or above) in Electronic Engineering or related subject (PhD preferred);
- minimum of 3 years’ experience in transistor-level analogue / mixed-signal design and a track record creating original circuit designs which meet demanding specifications;
- experience of industry-standard design tools (ideally Cadence® EDA software).
- experience in the full development cycle of transistor-level circuit design, circuit layout, experimental testing and design for manufacture techniques;
- experience in transistor-level pixel circuit design for displays or sensors;
- experience in simulation and layout of TFT circuits;
- good understanding of the physics of semiconductor devices;
- experience as an inventor in the patenting of analogue circuits;
- strong publication and/or patent record showing evidence of creative and innovative R&D.