Contact one of our consultants
Senior Electrical Technician in West Midlands
Full Time Permanent Role
£26k - £29k per annum
Monday – Friday, 7.55am – 4pm, 38 hours per week
Our client is a chemical manufacturing company based out of the West Bromwich area that supplies fine chemicals and intermediates for pharmaceutical, agrochemical and specialty chemical industries.
This role is as a Senior Electrical Technician, working within a lower tier COMAH (Control of Major Accident Hazards) facility and will give you the opportunity to work in an electrical engineering team in an industrial environment.
- Electrical preventative and reactive maintenance work in an industrial environment.
- Electrical plant installation and modification work in an industrial environment.
- Statutory inspections.
- The use of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems.
- The ability to use and interpret equipment drawings, manuals and other technical information to assist with all works.
- Work in accordance with the company safe systems of work and permit to work systems.
- Have a good understanding of ATEX requirements.
- Be able to mentor other Electrical Technicians.
- Be able to mentor apprentices via apprenticeship organisation.
- Be self-managing on tasks and be able to lead other Electrical Technicians.
- A recognised Electrical apprenticeship and educated to ONC or City and Guilds level 3 (RQF level 3) in an Electrical discipline is necessary
- 18th edition electrical wiring regulations.
- A a Compex (Ex01-04) & (Ex05-06) qualification is desired but not necessary
- Training with MEWP’s is desired