Contact one of our consultants
Senior Development Technologist - Fuels in Berkshire
Senior Development Technologist - Fuels
Location: Pangbourne, Reading. Working from Home initially.
Salary: Competitive Daily Rate (PAYE/Umbrella only).
Contract Length: Until October 2021 (Covering Maternity Leave)
We have a temporary senior development technologist role available in the Computational Modelling and Development team within Fuels Product Development.
Reporting to the Team Leader, the primary purpose of these roles is to lead projects to develop new fuel products, novel test methods and appropriate simulation approaches which can be used to differentiate the performance of our products from its competitors. The new products and methods are required to meet the changing demands of global markets
The role holder will work under guidance of the Team Leader to support the delivery of our fuel products that have new or improved performance features and/or improved cost of goods benefits compared to previous products or competitors’ products.
- Lead a portfolio of development/investigation projects, planning, executing and documenting test programmes so that key milestones are delivered on time and on budget.
- Building effective networks with both subject matter experts and operational staff within the technology function to facilitate the delivery of projects, these networks include product: testing, deployment, quality, stewardship, intellectual assets, research and compliance.
- Building effective networks outside of the technology function to include: suppliers of goods and services, technical consultancies, OEMs, marketing, Legal.
- Providing technical advice and guidance as required
- Develop and share expertise to facilitate continuous improvement within the team
- Due to the global nature of the business, the role is required to interact with geographically dispersed and culturally diverse stakeholder groups.
- The role requires the ability to innovate and solve complex problems but also the discipline to be able to organise tasks and deliver to exacting timelines and budgets.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Degree or equivalent in Engineering or related technical discipline
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet demanding deadlines
- Demonstrate a collaborative approach to working
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in Fuels or Automotive industries
- Good knowledge of automotive engineering, in particular, engine calibration / operating principles
- Modelling or Simulation Experience (Matlab / Simulink, GT Suite etc)