Contact one of our consultants
Senior Certification Engineer - Electrical/Electronic in Cheshire
Senior Certification Engineer – Chester area
Our client is a leader in the testing, inspection and certification industry based in the Chester area. They certify a huge range of products from every day household items to leading edge technology, meeting requirements for safety, performance and environmental impact.
The right candidate will provide high quality certification services mainly in the electrical products and components for use in hazardous and/or explosive atmospheres. These include motors and junction boxes in the Oil and Gas sectors.
This activity will require interpretation of standards, processes and procedures as well as providing technical guidance; analysis; product testing information; compliance and maintenance recommendations; technical reviews and independent checks.
- Degree in Electrical, Electronic, or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in ATEX or IECEx standards desirable.
- Working knowledge of reviewing product certification within a manufacturing or testing environment
- Ability to write technical reports against distributed standards.
- Project management skills essential maintaining on-budget performance.
- Experience of HAZLOC Quality Systems desirable.
- Demonstrates technical competency in their respective certification programmes.
- Able to accurately perform evaluation and review of complex, unique or unusual product types.
- Maintains accurate, orderly and complete test data. Some requirement to oversee laboratory tests. Analyses test results and determines compliance.