Contact one of our consultants
Scientific Software Engineer in Hampshire
Location – Portsmouth, Hampshire
Contract – Temp, 9 months, *IR35 In Scope*
Salary – £530.41 daily rate (37hrs/wk)
*Security clearance required*
Software engineer required for immediate start working for one of the UK’s leading Government agencies in supplying innovative science and technology to the MOD and wider government.
As a Software Engineer supporting the Threat Impact Prediction project you will be expected to:
- Design, write, test and document code to a professional standard
- Write wrapping code to integrate models into different simulation frameworks
- Conduct appropriate verification and validation (V&V) to support model integration
- Document the model wrapping and V&V process, including advantages and disadvantages of each model and framework examined and lessons learned during the process
This task will require working independently as a software engineer and together with model users and military advisors.
A good knowledge of C++ and Matlab / Simulink computer language, as well as knowledge of High Level Architecture would be beneficial.
Ability to work effectively in a team environment and liaise with scientific colleagues. Maintain, document and support software applications. Adhere to, and contribute to the improvement of, software engineering procedures and standards in order to ensure delivered software solutions meet desired quality criteria.
Key Skills –
- Computing language knowledge
- C ++ Programming
- Computer programming, integration of models/framework
- Simulation frameworks/synthetic environments
- Use of MS software
- Modules in mat lab/Simulink
- Technical, scientific or engineering background
Desired skills –
- Awareness/knowledge of military systems
- Defence knowledge