Contact one of our consultants
Scientific and Engineering Translators, German speaking Job in Buckinghamshire
Scientific and Engineering Translators – German speaking
Hours: Full-time, permanent (Hybrid working may be possible after successful probation)
Salary: Up to £40,000, depending on experience
We are looking for German speaking (first language) Scientific and Engineering graduates in the following subjects: Biochemistry, Chemistry, Electronic Engineering and Physics to train as professional in-house translators for a company that provides patent translators, a global patent filing experience and Intellectual Property (IP) research services to a wide-ranging Global client base.
The successful candidates will have the opportunity to develop their career within the language industry. You will receive high calibre inhouse training through close collaboration with senior translators to learn about Intellectual Property (IP) processes and TRADOS, translation software.
Native German Speaker with excellent knowledge of English.
Degree level or above in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Electronic Engineering or Physics.
Work experience in a Scientific or Engineering sector preferred, but not essential.
Knowledge of other languages is advantageous.
Previous translation experience is not necessary.
Excellent Benefits including:
- 22 days’ holiday (rising with length of service)
- a day off for your birthday
- hybrid working opportunities upon successful completion of probationary period
- private medical insurance
- access to an online discount platform
- contributory pension scheme
- SAYE scheme
- life assurance
- annual season ticket loan scheme
- Cycle2Work scheme and free shuttle bus service from Gerrards Cross train station.