Contact one of our consultants
Research Scientist - Colloid Science (Food and Drink) in Durham
Our Client is seeking to recruit a Research Scientist to deliver innovation projects for customers from a range of industry sectors relevant to formulation, including food and drink. As the Research Scientist, you will work with colleagues on the design and technical delivery of projects that require Colloid Science input and will be responsible for the maintenance and calibration of equipment to ensure it operates in a safe and efficient manner.
Duties of the role include:
- Prepare, test, develop, analyse and research elements in Colloid Science and develop new and improve existing research methodology, in line with the formulation strategy and industry needs, in order to gain insight into new developments and contribute to the realisation of project objectives.
- Discussing project needs; set up, plan and execute scientific experiments and analyse, interpret and report results to agreed timescales.
- Provide clearly documented records of technical data, decisions, methodologies, calculations and software using an agreed format.
- Contribute to the delivery of Formulation projects through the provision of Colloid Science knowledge.
- Apply measurement techniques to demonstrate colloidal properties.
Qualifications and experience:
- Educated to Degree level, preferably PhD level (or equivalent) in Chemistry, Physics, or a related field, or possess equivalent experience in a relevant scientific discipline.
- Knowledge and experience of IT packages, particularly Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Significant, demonstrated technical expertise in Colloid Science, as well as a compelling track record of complex technical problem solving.
- Along track record, of exploiting, generating and defining areas of Colloid Science and breaking new ground in those areas.
- Will exhibit professional mastery of principles and practices gained through deep development in the area of Colloid Science.