Contact one of our consultants
Research Scientist in Cambridgeshire
Location: Godmanchester, Huntingdon
Looking for a research scientist to join the Visionary Enterprise Team.
Visionary Enterprise (VE) is an ongoing activity which picks themes within the fields of Lifesciences, IT, Energy and Environment based on societal needs, desires and trends. Visualising the impact in 10 to 20 years’ time, VE carries out scenario planning to identify areas where unique materials solutions are required. Once materials solutions are identified, VE then starts to build a database of researchers (Universities, Institutes and start-ups) where solutions might be found.
Role involves investigation potential new research topics and projects based on advanced materials particularly within the themes of “Sustainability” & “Digital Transformation”. Working within the R&D Programme.
- Develop and maintain a list of possible new themes.
- Develop themes as a team.
- Work on sub-theme topics and weave them into the theme knowledge base and story.
- Support VE colleagues in developing their sub-themes.
- Develop a database of who might have solutions for identified needs.
- Support PI briefings and brainstorms.
- Ensure good communication with colleagues and prepare weekly news emails.
- PhD in Chemistry or Material Science.
- Multi-disciplinary Post-doctoral research and or consultancy experience.
- Keen awareness of recent trends in science, and cutting-edge materials technologies
- Demonstrable interest in new technologies and in developing technical solutions across a range of projects and applications.
- Ability to research, understand, and summarise complex scientific concepts, and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to network and connect with people in industry and academia across multiple scientific disciplines.
- Computer literate - familiar with Windows and Microsoft Office products.