Contact one of our consultants
Quality Control Technician in Wales South
Opportunity to work as a QC technician for the world leader in resin-based separation, purification, and extraction technologies.
The purpose of this job is to carry out special analysis on samples from overseas production, Technical Services and Research and Development Laboratories.
- Background knowledge of chemical and analytical techniques and instrumentations
- Qualified to degree level in chemistry, analytical chemistry or an associated discipline (or equivalent).
- Experience in an analytical environment and associated techniques (preferably in techniques related to the ion exchange resin field).
- Development of new analysis and application methods.
- General upkeep of equipment and laboratory including ordering of laboratory equipment/consumables.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To analyse interpret, and report results on specific products from Production, Research & Development and Technical Services. This will require the ability to follow set test methods with attention to detail (For example: acid/base titration, particle size analysis, SEM, optical microscopy, UV/Vis & FT-IR spectroscopy).
- To develop and extend own ability beyond basic QC testing to cover as porosity measurement, GC/HPLC analyses, atomic absorption. & surface area
- To attend suitable training courses when available to broaden knowledge and experience in relation to the various analytical techniques used within the QC lab.
- Calibration of analytical instrumentation where needed.
- Carry out environmental test work as and when required.
- To develop new analysis and application methods when required and use literature research/sources where needed to help identify suitable approaches.
- To help maintain the required level of Health and Safety within the QC lab including upkeep of H&S database (e.g. COSHH, SDS, Risk Assessments).
- Carry out other duties and special projects when required as directed by Management.
Permanent position, 5 days per week, Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 4.30pm. Own transport is required due to site location.