Contact one of our consultants
QC Chemist in Wales South
Our client is a global leader in the development of polymer resins for use in a wide range of applications for extraction, separation and purification. Due to continued expansion in their Life Sciences division they are now recruiting for a Quality Control Technician.
• Perform routine analysis of finished products in an efficient and effective manner using a variety of chemical and biochemical techniques.
• Development and validation of analytical test methods in full compliance with relevant documented procedures and regulatory requirements.
• Assist in the preparation of technical documentation as required.
• Ensure that all work carried out complies with SOPs and QC standards.
• Performance of project work within the team, as required.
• Review analytical and laboratory data within the team for accuracy, completeness and compliance with documented procedures.
Degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry or related subject.
Experience in using FPLC, HPLC, GC, UV/Vis and wet chemistry analytical techniques.
Self-motivated, methodical, organised and has excellent attention to detail.
Ability to work both in a team and independently.
Good communication skills are essential as role requires co-ordination of work with others.
At least 12 months experience working in an ISO: 9001, FDA, MHRA regulated laboratory.
Knowledge of GLP and/or GDP practices.
Knowledge or experience of downstream process chromatographic material.
Experience of packing chromatographic material into columns.
Experience of using FPLC systems.