Contact one of our consultants
Product and Ingredients Food Scientist in Gloucestershire
Product and Ingredient Food Scientist
The Product and Ingredient Innovation team is part of the Product Innovation Group. The team has a responsibility through contract and strategic R&D projects to support innovation in food and beverage products across a broad range of clients within the sector.
The remit of the team is broad, working across many categories of food and beverage, and technology platforms. The work spans the entire NPD chain through concept including kitchen and pilot plant trials to commissioning and implementation in production.
Whilst services are offered in the UK, some of the activities are overseas in Continental Europe and beyond.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Providing practical input to the execution of client work, a variety of contract and research projects
- Training activities including providing support to practical delivery on training course and providing presentations
- Practical support on other group activities where required. It is essential that the candidate is flexible and willing to work in other areas of the group’s activities
Qualifications and competencies
- A degree in Food Science & Nutrition, Food Science & Technology or equivalent.
- 1-2 years Industrial food manufacturing experience would be an advantage
- Good verbal and communication skills to form good client relationship
- Effective time management skills relating to effective delivery and business practices
- IT literate
- Full UK/EU driving licence and be eligible to work and travel freely within the EU.
- Good technical abilities, comfortable with practical work but also data analysis and interpretation
- Comfortable working with pilot scale processing equipment and analytical equipment (with appropriate training)
- Good writing and oral presentation skills required in order to present material to both technical specialist audiences and general technical audiences
- Willingness to learn new skills and contribute to the team