Contact one of our consultants
Processing & Storage Food Chemist in Gloucestershire
Processing & Storage Food Chemist
Salary: £27,000 - £40,000 (Dependent on experience
Full-time, permanent. *Own Transport is essential*
To carry out Research & Development, contract and training activities in processing and storage chemistry, providing high quality and cost-effective services to clients.
You would be working in the Biochemistry Section, who provide services in the areas of food allergen testing, food authenticity and chemical and biochemical causes of quality change (processing & storage chemistry).
- Plan, undertake and deliver applied R&D and contract projects relating to processing and storage chemistry/ biochemistry.
- Liaise with clients in the area of processing and storage chemistry – respond to direct technical enquiries to provide information and contract services.
- Deliver lectures in the area of chemical and biochemical aspects of food quality on existing and new training courses for clients.
- Generate ideas and write proposals for new applied R&D projects and service activities.
- Present R&D work and ideas for new projects and services to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Prepare written methods, work instructions and procedures under supervision.
- Analysis of complex data sets and other sources of information to draw conclusions.
- Analysis and interpretation of information from clients to provide advice, analytical testing and knowledge transfer in areas of expertise and competencies.
- Contribute innovative approaches to experimental design and project planning activities with internal and external clients.
- Responsible for managing budget of allocated projects within line management budgetary requirements and constraints.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in processing and storage food chemistry/ chemical and biochemical aspects of food quality.
- Degree in relevant subject e.g. Chemistry, Biochemistry or Food Science
- At least 3 years of research or industrial experience in a relevant area, experience of conducting storage trials and analytical testing of product quality would be an advantage.
- Experience of project and resource management
- Effective time management skills to deal with projects running in parallel.
- Ability to extract relevant information to solve client problems.
- Ability to present ideas and information clearly and concisely.
- Laboratory experience with working knowledge of Quality Management systems such as ISO9000 and particularly ISO17025.