Contact one of our consultants
Process Technician Job in Essex
Weekly Rotating shift 6am – 2pm and 2pm – 10pm, Monday – Friday.
Salary: £20,456 plus 16 % shift premium (circa £23,700).
*Own car essential
Working as part of a team within the furnace area, candidates will learn a number of techniques in order to produce a sample ready for analysis in the laboratory.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initial weighing of samples into cups
- Mixing samples with litharge using an extracted cupboard
- Accurate weighing of metals
- Ensuring the Furnace area is kept clean whilst maintaining safety standards
- Using hand held pump truck to move material
- Placing samples into crucibles and melting within a furnace
- Pouring small amounts of molten material into moulds
Experience & Skills Required:
- Maths or any science subject GCSE grade C or higher
- Physically fit
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills as it will be a team-based role
- Good level of flexibility in both time and work
*No previous furnace experience required as full training will be supplied
Due to site location & shift times you would need your own transport and live within a 30-minute commute of Witham.