Contact one of our consultants
Post Doctoral Microbiologist or Bio-Analyst in Berkshire
Our client is a massive global Personal Care and Household Product company.
Understanding how our chemistries work on microbes is critical for designing products that deliver consumer delight. We believe microbial kill is a multi-faceted mechanism with several modes of action and successful kill can be achieved with the right combinations of modes, driven by different product attributes. In this project the successful candidate will explore a new methods and technologies to gain insight in mode of action of chemistries and our formulations.
This is a 6-month position based at our new R&D facility in Reading UK. The successful candidate will be expected to develop methods to gain insight on antibacterial mode of action by using analytical and microscopic measurement techniques.
• To be trained in the operation of the equipment, sample preparation, analysis and data handling-, and subsequently be able to train others.
• Use expertise in chemical spectral analysis and confocal microscopy to develop methods to gain insight in mode of action
• To generate statistically robust data for the validation of the techniques
[Qualifications, Experience & Attributes]
• PhD in Microbiology, Bio-analytical, or a closely related discipline, with a proven lab focus and quality data generation. Demonstrated skill in handling data ideally in the arena of bioinformatics, chemical spectral analysis and associated statistical analysis (PCA/MCA) and associated software.
• Experience in confocal FLIM microscopy and bacterial imaging is added advantage
• Critical thinking & problem solving skills, being able to break down problems into actionable technical learning plans and delivery using current scientific method. Turning data into learnings and influencing project direction.
• Collaboration- mature, professional, constructive behavior within multi-functional teams both internally and with external partners.
In this role you can expect to learn how to work effectively within a global, multi-functional team. Developing and applying new capability to solve tough technical challenges within an FMCG company. Further development of technical leadership skills in a highly application driven role.