Contact one of our consultants
Physicist - Organic Photodetectors in Cambridgeshire
Location: Godmanchester, Huntingdon
Looking for a physicist scientist to work within a team developing organic photodetectors (OPDs) to evaluate novel materials and architectures and to purpose novel approaches to enhance device specifications.
The role will involve a range of activities including proposing and co-ordinating experiments, fabricating devices and conducting optical and electrical characterisations. Further responsibilities include conducting analyses of results in order to enhance the fundamental understanding of devices.
- Excellent academic credentials are essential ideally with a PhD in Physics or alternatively a degree in Physics with equivalent research experience gained within an industrial or academic environment. Relevant Post-Doctoral research experience is desirable.
- Experience in one or several of these areas: electronics or optoelectronics or semiconductor device physics is essential.
- Proficiency in device characterisation using relevant test equipment and able to develop novel techniques to improve understanding and capabilities is essential.
- Experience in fabricating devices in a cleanroom environment and the ability to follow standard procedures to ensure control and traceability is essential.
- Experience in research focussed on developing and demonstrating materials for new technology applications is highly desirable.
- Experience of using materials in prototype device structures to demonstrate desired functional properties is desirable.
- Experience of identifying and developing theoretical models and implementing them alongside experimental work is highly desirable.
- Creative, inventive with an aptitude for experimental work and with experience of solving complex problems is essential.
- A demonstrable interest in developing technical solutions across a range of projects and applications is essential.
- Self-motivation and an ability to operate independently in a laboratory environment is essential.
- Excellent team-skills, with the ability to interface and effectively communicate across multiple scientific disciplines is essential.
- An understanding of the time-critical demands of target-driven Industrial research and of working with drive and passion to work towards critical deadlines is essential.
- Clear and confident communication both when discussing complex technical concepts with fellow Scientists and when providing project updates to senior management is essential. Able to analyse results, draw conclusions and clearly communicate conclusions and recommendations.
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities, in combination with a willingness to seek expert assistance and peer advice when required are essential.