Contact one of our consultants
Physicist in Cambridgeshire
Location: Godmanchester, Huntingdon
Looking for a physicist scientist to join the Platform Innovation Team.
The Platform Innovation (PI) team focuses on the identification and evaluation of new technologies and how they can be applied to research projects commercially relevant to the client and their parent companies.
The purpose of this role is to work within this team and to propose, investigate and evaluate novel projects and technologies associated with the themes of “sustainability” and “digital transformation”. The role will involve a range of activities including technology trends research, detailed assessment of technology status, roadmap and unmet needs as well as experimental design and execution, fabricating devices and conducting optical and electrical characterisations, analysis of results to enhance fundamental understanding of OPD devices, and development of key IP.
- PhD in Physics and excellent academic credentials are essential. Relevant post-doctoral research experience is desirable.
- Experience in one or several of these areas: electronic or opto-electronics device physics, computer science.
- Experience in broad-based research focussed on developing and demonstrating materials for new technology applications is highly desirable.
- Experience in statistical analysis is highly desirable.
- Experience of developing testing procedures, including writing experimental and data acquisition control programmes for new devices is highly desirable.
- Experience of using materials in prototype device structures to demonstrate desired functional properties is desirable.
- Experience of identifying and developing theoretical models and implementing them alongside experimental work is highly desirable.
- Creative, inventive with an aptitude for experimental work and with experience of solving complex problems.
- A demonstrable interest in developing technical solutions across a range of projects and applications.
- Self-motivation and ability to operate independently in a laboratory environment.
- Excellent team-skills, with the ability to interface and effectively communicate across multiple scientific disciplines.
- An understanding of the time-critical demands of target-driven Industrial research and of working with drive and passion to work towards critical deadlines.
- Clear and confident communication both when discussing complex technical concepts with fellow scientists and when providing project updates to senior management is essential.
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities, in combination with a willingness to seek expert assistance and peer advice when required are essential.