Contact one of our consultants
Packaging Specialist in Gloucestershire
Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire
38hrs p/wk: Mon – Thurs 8:45-5:15, Friday 8:45-4:30
£22,200 - £30,000
Full UK/EU driving license and be eligible to work and travel freely within the EU.
To undertake and develop contract, research and training activities relating to food packaging in the Food Manufacturing Technologies Department. Involved with technical project management, practical work and business development.
The packaging team work with several different packaging materials performing fit for purpose testing, assessing food and packaging interactions and troubleshooting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with clients to identify new project opportunities
- Responding to technical enquiries - Contribute innovative approaches to experimental design and project planning activities.
- Planning and execution of scientific and technical work.
- Preparing client reports to agreed standards and level of detail
- Prepare quotes and tenders for client projects containing technical and resource management aspects.
- Coordination of team members for project activities as appropriate
- Management and delivery of training courses including practical demonstrations
- Event management
- Assist with hygiene and good housekeeping activities
Qualifications and Competencies
- A graduate in a packaging related discipline or equivalent qualification.
- 3-5 years industrial experience in an appropriate environment
- Time management and financial awareness to facilitate effective self and project management
- Project management experience
- A broad understanding of materials and their use within the food packaging environment. Experience and knowledge of specific materials will be considered an advantage.
- Technical knowledge of relevant food industry sectors
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- IT literate