Contact one of our consultants
Occupational Hygiene Consultant in Middlesex
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Occupational Hygiene Consultant to join a multi-disciplined environmental, materials and scientific consultancy based in North West London.
The Occupational Hygiene Consultant would undertake a broad range of hygiene related projects such as workplace assessments – air monitoring, COSHH assessments, noise, dust and fumes surveys, considering the long-term health effects that are caused by exposure to hazards within the railway and construction environments.
This role would require closely liaising with some of our principal clients and the successful candidate would need to be prepared to travel throughout the UK.
The role will also incorporate site work which due to our clients’ needs may require attendance during ‘unsociable hours’ so flexibility to work nights and weekend work is essential.
We are looking for someone who has a science degree and either holds or is working towards BOHS ‘W’ module qualifications in Occupational Hygiene. It would be advantageous if the candidate has some experience or understanding of the practical conditions of working on the railway.
The successful candidate:
• Will need to be able to manage their own works and be able to supervise others.
• Ensure clients’ needs are met, including advising the client about compliance and assist with client
• Prepare quotations, proposals and where necessary help with specialist information required for
• Prepare method statements and risk assessments and make on site arrangements with contractors.
• Write and deliver reports within a set time frame to meet client led KPI’s.
• Ensure all works are carried out in accordance with Health and Safety procedures and legislation.
• Share knowledge and best practice.
We offer on-going training and qualifications and would provide support as you work towards the BOHS ‘Certificate of Operational Competence in Occupational Hygiene’.