Contact one of our consultants
Nuclear Waste Advisor Support in Scotland
Location: NDA Dounreay, Thurso.
12-month contract, Inside IR35
£13.34 - £15.22 PAYE per hour
£18.12 - £20.68 Umbrella per hour
This will be site based – not working from home.
A vacancy has arisen for Waste Advisor Support at NDA Dounreay. The purpose of the post is to provide waste support to the Shaft & Silo project & to promote document compliance with waste legislation and adherence to DSRL waste strategies. The Job Holder will be responsible for working with the Waste Advisor Team to provide advice on compliance requirements and the site’s waste strategies and preparing consignment documentation for DSRL site and projects.
- Consign waste in accordance with the Waste Management System.
- Attend Planned General Inspections.
- Interface with internal stakeholders on waste management, e.g. attend Local Work Programme meetings and Work Scope Hazard reviews.
- Produce waste documentation in line with project and legislative requirements, e.g. Project Specific Waste Plans.
- Support the identification and resolution of waste problems and incidents.
- Support the sharing of good practice, lessons learnt and improvements.
- Understands and support best practice methodology (BPM) and justifications.
- Attend internal waste related groups and support tasks as required
- Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post, including Area Waste Officer.
- Support appointed waste officers to ensure issues associated with waste consignments are resolved in a timely manner.
- Minimum 2 years relevant nuclear experience
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and pro-active approach
- Knowledge of waste consignment and associated documentation would be advantageous
- Willing to undertake further relevant training
Security Clearance: SC, but can commence on BPSS