Contact one of our consultants
Molecular Biology Team Leader in Devon and Cornwall
Salary - £34,200 per year
Temporary role, likely to last at least 1 year, 37hrs per week.
We are seeking experienced candidates to work in a sample testing lab based in the Exeter region. You will be involved in the PCR analysis of samples, training of junior staff and collating systems. You would need to manage the sample processes and aid the lab manager.
The lab is operation 6 days a week so you must be prepared for the potential to work weekends. You must have experience working in an analytical lab.
- Aid the routine PCR analysis of samples
- Management of other team members and train junior staff with regard to PCR
- Mange sample processes:
- Routine PCR & extraction of Genetic Material
- Extraction, quantification, amplification, and results analysis
- Ensure Data recorded accurately
- Work in accordance with relevant lab SOPs
- Ensure samples completed to allocated quantities and deadlines.
- Work with other team members to ensure efficient flow of sample testing.
- Adhere to Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, forensic science, Microbiology, or relevant.
- High level of experience with PCR analysis.
- Ability to train junior staff.
- Good communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Ability to plan & organise own work loads
- Attention to detail & keep accurate records