Contact one of our consultants
Microbiology Manager Job in Hampshire
Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm (37hrs per wk)
Full-time and Permanent
Salary starting from £34,000 dependant on experience.
An opportunity has arisen for a Microbiology Operations Manager based just north of Southampton, Hampshire.
In this role you will be required to assist in the overall management of the Microbiology Operation directly managing 12+ analysts to deliver analytical data to customers.
The data provided must be of legally defensible standards in accordance with legislative and standard protocols e.g. ISO 17025, UKAS, DWTS, OHSAS, ISO 14001
- Ensure effective financial management of department
- Ensure resource is adequate in terms of equipment and human resource requirements
- To ensure that analytical work is carried out within agreed turnaround times
- To ensure that the department is compliant with health and safety legislation and meets company health and safety targets
- To liaise daily with customer service team to ensure customer requirements are met
- To recruit, train and motivate staff
- To operate within the company's quality system to ensure that results produced are legally defensive
- To manage client KPI performance
- Be part of the Duty Management rota.
To be successful in this role you will require the following Competencies:
- Degree in Microbiology or relevant Biological discipline.
- Previous analytical and supervisory experience
- Chartered Biologist with a CPD record
- Relevant experience managing or supervising a team in an accredited laboratory
- IOSH Managing safely
- Cost control and supplier management
- Must be able to communicate at a technical level with auditors and regulators