Contact one of our consultants
Mechanical Fitter Job in West Midlands
This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a highly skilled Mechanical Engineering team within a lower tier COMAH facility. The successful candidate will be an experienced, qualified Mechanical Fitter.
- Mechanical plant installation and modification work including TIG welding of pipework etc.
- Mechanical preventative and reactive maintenance work in an industrial environment working on equipment such as gearboxes, pumps, mechanical seals, pipework etc.
- Statutory inspections - pressure testing, plant integrity and commissioning work.
- The use of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems.
- The ability to use and interpret equipment drawings, manuals and other technical information to assist with all works.
- Work in accordance with the company safe systems of work and permit to work systems.
- You will need to have a recognised mechanical apprenticeship and educated to ONC or City and Guilds level 3 (RQF level 3) in Mechanical Fitting/Engineering as a minimum.
- Ideally you would also have training with MEWP’s, Abrasive wheels and Confined Spaces.
- Career development will be possible with both internal and external training available.
The salary is £26k plus 25 days paid holiday (and all UK Bank Holidays), a 38 hour working week, Monday to Friday 7.54am to 4pm, paid sick scheme, free life assurance and access to a stakeholder pension scheme, based in West Bromwich, West Midlands.