Contact one of our consultants
Mechanical Engineer in West Midlands
Full Time Permanent Role
£30k - £35k per annum
Monday – Friday, 8.45am – 4:30pm, 36.25 hours per week
Our client is a chemical manufacturing company based out of the West Bromwich area that supplies fine chemicals and intermediates for pharmaceutical, agrochemical and specialty chemical industries.
This role is as a Mechanical Engineer, working within a lower tier COMAH (Control of Major Accident Hazards) facility. It will entail working with an mechanical engineering team, performing maintenance and modification work in order to make sure all systems are safe and up to standard.
- Experience in mechanical preventative and reactive maintenance work.
- Experience in Mechanical plant installation and modification work.
- Ageing plant equipment system management.
- Minor mechanical project management.
- The production of Risk assessments, Standard Operating Procedures etc.
- Experience with usage of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems.
- Experience with the usage of equipment drawings, manuals and other technical information to assist with all works.
- Experience with AutoCad..
- The job requires a flexible attitude to deal with multiple complex jobs simultaneously to meet the required changes in operational priorities.
- A Mechanical Engineering HNC as a minimum.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant industrial experience.