Contact one of our consultants
Maintenance Technician in Derbyshire
Location: London Road, Derby
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000
SHIFTS: Rotating Weekly, Monday – Friday. Mornings 06:00am – 14:06pm Afternoons 14:00pm – 22:06pm shift patern
To be responsible for attending machine breakdowns, changeovers and to set up machines, to support the day to day needs of production and look after the plant machinery. Continually, working towards improving productivity, highlighting and introducing machine and process improvements to maximise the efficiency and performance.
- Responsible for the maintenance of a variety of production machinery and associated tooling, to include; Auto forms, thermo formers, flatbed moulders, Industrial printers, Water baths and many more.
- Strong electrical fault finding
- Ensure the tooling and consumables stock is maintained.
- Undertake all machine changeovers in line with production requirements and lean techniques.
- Ensure the most cost effective and efficient use of machinery and resources are maintained at all times.
- Ensure that proper handover procedures are carried out, communicating any problems or shortfalls during shift, completing job log on computer.
- Ensure good time management in line with preparation and attendance at meetings along with meeting all deadlines set with line manager.
- Manage and demonstrate good human relations.
- Demonstrate and influence good housekeeping, hygiene and quality standards in line with Company procedures and dress code.
- When necessary ensure safe factory closure with regards to alarm setting, plant, machinery and equipment.
- To contribute towards maintaining, promoting and developing high health and safety standards.
- When required a reasonable amount of additional hours will be expected during peaks of activity to ensure business objectives are met.
Experience & Qualifications:
- NVQ Level 3 in Electrical Maintenance
- 3+ years’ strong electrical machine fault finding experience.
- Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years’ experience in a medical manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years’ diagnostic experience working on Mitsubishi, Omron and Schneider PLC’s.