Contact one of our consultants
Logistics & Customs Compliance Administrator in Leicestershire
Logistics & Customs Compliance Co-ordinator
- Ashby de la Zouch
- £22,000 - £23,000 per annum.
- Full-time, permanent.
- (Own transport essential due to site location)
The purpose of the role is to ensure that all export administration for customer orders are processed in compliance with international shipping regulations in an efficient, cost effective and timely manner.
- Co-ordinate the export of goods from UK to EEA / Non EEA customers in accordance and compliant with customs rules and regulations.
- Coordinate shipping with freight agents to facilitate efficient and timely clearances of EEA and Non – EEA deliveries.
- Prepare and provide all appropriate import-export documentation required for shipments to move in accordance and compliant with customs rules and regulations. This will include packing lists, commercial invoices, dangerous goods notes and pre-booking forms, customs declarations and licence documentation.
- Responsibility for document control of all paperwork relating to EEA / Non EEA customer exports. This includes maintaining an up to date filing system to accommodate HRMC audits / document evidence requests.
- Process and/or upload documents to freight partner systems
- Co-ordinate, monitor and supervise deliveries into third party distribution centres
- Liaise with transport companies, technical team and other internal departments to resolve any customs clearance and transport queries quickly.
- Take ownership of the documentation process and proactively identify and resolve any issues.
- Track shipments and communicate with the customer service team on the progress of pending deliveries.
- Validate invoices received from transport companies and customs agents for freight, duties and import VAT to facilitate timely approval.
- Excellent communication skills, especially telephone manner
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar role
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Highly organised and methodical with accurate attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative and be proactive in problem solving
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work to deadlines and to remain calm & professional under pressure
- NVQ Level 3 Business Administration or Equivalent
- Experience maintaining data filing systems in accordance to HRMC requirements
- Experience of exporting goods to EEA & Non EEA countries in line with customs rules & regulations