Contact one of our consultants
Laboratory Technician - PCR Analysis in Devon and Cornwall
Laboratory Technician – PCR Analysis
Salary - £10.14 per hour
Temporary role, initial 12 mths contract, likely to extend, 37hrs per week.
We are seeking enthusiastic candidates to work in a sample testing lab based in the Exeter region. You will be involved in routine PCR analysis of samples.
The lab is operation 7 days a week so you must be prepared to work weekends, though you won’t work every weekend.
We are looking for flexible candidates as the lab is operating two shift patterns, an early and a late. The lab will be operational between 6am and 10pm.
- Routine PCR analysis of samples
- Sample preparation, handling, and categorisation,
- Extraction of genetic material
- Data management and recording of results
- Samples completed in compliance with quality management system
- Work in accordance with relevant lab SOPs
- Samples completed to allocated quantities and deadlines
- Work with other team members to ensure efficient flow of sample testing.
- Adhere to Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, forensic science, Microbiology, or relevant.
- Experience with PCR analysis, through University or work experience.
- A good understanding of aseptic techniques.
- Good communication skills
- Basic IT skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team & be a good team player.
- Ability to plan & organise own work loads
- Attention to detail & keep accurate records
The ability to drive is a bonus, however the lab is accessible by public transport from Exeter City and other local areas.