Contact one of our consultants
Laboratory Technician - PCR Analysis in Devon and Cornwall
Laboratory Technician – PCR Analysis
Salary - £10.15 per hour
Temporary role, until end of year, likely to extend, 37hrs per week.
We are seeking enthusiastic candidates to work in a sample testing lab based in the Exeter region. You will be involved in routine PCR analysis of samples.
The lab is operation 7 days a week so you must be prepared to work weekends.
We are looking for flexible candidates willing to work an evening and weekend shift pattern.
- Routine PCR analysis of samples
- Sample preparation, handling, and categorisation,
- Extraction of genetic material
- Data management and recording of results
- Samples completed in compliance with quality management system
- Work in accordance with relevant lab SOPs
- Samples completed to allocated quantities and deadlines
- Work with other team members to ensure efficient flow of sample testing.
- Adhere to Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, forensic science, Microbiology, or relevant.
- Experience with PCR analysis, through University or work experience.
- A good understanding of aseptic techniques.
- Good communication skills
- Basic IT skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team & be a good team player.
- Ability to plan & organise own work loads
- Attention to detail & keep accurate records
The ability to drive is a bonus, however the lab is accessible by public transport from Exeter City and other local areas.