Contact one of our consultants
Laboratory Technician - PCR Analysis in Devon and Cornwall
Laboratory Technician – PCR Analysis
Salary - £11.59 per hour (£22,497 per year)
Temporary role, likely to last at least 1 year, 37hrs per week.
We are seeking enthusiastic candidates to work in a sample testing lab based in the Exeter region. You will be involved in routine PCR analysis of samples. The lab is operation 6 days a week so you must be prepared for the potential to work weekends.
- Routine PCR analysis of samples
- Sample preparation, handling, and categorisation,
- Extraction of genetic material
- Data management and recording of results
- Samples completed in compliance with quality management system
- Work in accordance with relevant lab SOPs
- Samples completed to allocated quantities and deadlines
- Work with other team members to ensure efficient flow of sample testing.
- Adhere to Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, forensic science, Microbiology, or relevant.
- Experience with PCR analysis, through University or work experience.
- Good communication skills
- Basis IT skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Ability to plan & organise own work loads
- Attention to detail & keep accurate records