Contact one of our consultants
Laboratory Technician - Organic Chemistry in West Yorkshire
Laboratory Technician (Organic Chemist) – Leeds laboratory
Salary – £23,000(Pro-rata)
Contract length – Up to 31/12/20.
Working in an environmental testing lab as a Grade 3 Technician in the laboratory, supporting and supervising the team and carrying out routine analysis. Looking for someone with Organic experience who can make a difference and support a fairly new and inexperienced team.
The duties include:
- Responsibility for carrying out chemical and analysis of environmental samples in the Organics department in the Leeds laboratory.
- Supporting the technical lead within a department who is responsible for improving existing methods and developing new ones when required, using your knowledge and problem solving skills to identify root causes and to rectify technical issues.
- Working as part of a team helping to motivate and develop staff to provide a world class service to our internal and external customers.
- Provide the delivery of specific technical and scientific activities in line with defined plans while ensuring work is consistently delivered to required standards and service levels.
- Actively promoting health, safety and wellbeing matters ensuring the provision of safe working practices in line with company guidance.