Contact one of our consultants
Laboratory Technician Job in Essex
Weekly Rotating shift 6am – 1pm and 1pm – 8pm, Monday – Friday.
Salary: £20.456 plus 10% shift premium (£22.501).
*Own car essential
To perform routine testing of samples for elemental content in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures using classical and instrumental techniques within a fast-paced commercial laboratory environment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for conducting analysis of samples within a laboratory environment to a high degree of accuracy in accordance with laboratory ISO17025 accreditation.
- Work with laboratory management to achieve key performance indicators.
- Organise and achieve work as assigned by area team leader/supervisor.
- To ensure safe working practices in line with HSE policy, Risk Assessment and COSHH procedures.
- Actively contribute to lean and continuous improvement activities within the laboratory environment.
Experience & Skills Required:
- A-level in Chemistry.
- Previous work experience in environments that require a practical hands-on approach such as the manufacturing industry and the catering sector.
- Ability to communicate verbally and written to a high standard.
- Attention to detail, able to follow precise instructions
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Flexible, innovative and creative.
- Customer focussed.
* No previous lab experience is required, as full training will be provided.
Due to site location & shift times you would need your own transport and live within a 30-minute commute of Witham.