Contact one of our consultants
Laboratory Assistant - Fabrics in Tyne and Wear
Full Time Temporary Role, 3-month initial contract
£8.91 per hour
Standard hours Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week
Our client is a multinational consumer goods corporation, specializing in a wide range of personal care and hygiene products. Organized into several segments including Beauty, Grooming, Health Care, Fabric & Home Care, and Baby and Feminine care.
This role entails testing of fabrics, and how they are affected by external factors such as dirt, water and fats in order to manufacture the best fabric care products. This is a good entry level role in a multinational company, and can lead to a strong scientific career for anyone with a passion for science.
- A Bachelors degree in a scientific field would be preferred
- A levels or equivalent in science related subjects
- Experience using FTIR or SWIR preferred
- Ability to report data using computing software (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
- Ability to ensure the laboratory standards are kept to a high level, and to follow all lab safety policies in place