Contact one of our consultants
Lab Technician ICP-MS in Gloucestershire
Location – Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire
Salary – £17,000 - £23,000,
Contract - Full time/permanent
*Own Car Required due to site location*
To undertake analysis of client samples of food, beverages, and other food industry materials for trace metals and nutritional elements by Inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry(ICP-MS).
To manage surveillance projects including retail contracts. To undertake analysis of client samples and support associated method development activities within the chromatography section. To undertake all activities as departmental health and co-ordinator.
- To perform sample preparation of foodstuffs and food industry related materials for testing of nutritional and trace element content including sample homogenisation, evaporation, and microwave assisted acid digestion.
- To maintain and clean equipment used in the above including balance calibration, pipette calibration, cleaning of microwave digestion tubes.
- To perform sample disposal.
- To operate routine ICP-MS methods for analysis of foodstuffs and food industry related materials.
- To perform quality control checks of data and prepare reports.
- To assist in sample receipt/test allocation in LIMS.
- Departmental Health and Safety coordinator
Qualification and Key Skills
- Degree or equivalent in chemistry, analytical chemistry or similar or relevant laboratory experience
- Excellent organisation skills, sufficient to project manage surveillance projects
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft packages - word/excel/outlook/PowerPoint
- Experience working within an accreditation scheme
- Ability to work in a small team
- Flexibility to work on a number of tasks and manage priorities