Contact one of our consultants
Lab Technician - Food Composition in Gloucestershire
Lab Tech – Food Composition Technician
*Own Car Required*
Working within small teams of analytical chemists testing food samples for their nutritional composition for food labelling purposes.
The position involves the preparation and analysis of foods. Full training will be provided.
- To conduct a range of tests for nutritional and metals determination
- To operate and maintain automated food testing equipment
- Collation of data for inclusion in reports and, where appropriate, preparation of reports
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping and hygiene
- Preparation of samples for analysis
Qualifications and Key Skills:
- Science Degree/ BTEC ONC / A Levels / NNEB / NVQ Level 3
- Laboratory experience is preferable but not essential
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to follow prescribed methods and document results
- Good knowledge of Word and Excel
- Ability to work in a small team with minimal supervision.
- A keen interest in Food Science and its application to the food industry