Contact one of our consultants
IT Technician - Multiple Sites (Darlington, Wilton, Sedgefield and Newton Aycliffe) in Tyne and Wear
Our Client is looking to recruit an IT Technician to be part of the IT Service Delivery Team (ITSD) to support the business needs. As part of the ITSD you must consistently deliver excellent service and levels of support across the company.
Duties of the role include:
- To provide a professional first line IT support service to all staff and customers at all sites
- To be a primary point of contact for all IT/Telecoms matters, ensuring correct procedure is followed and tickets logged on the IT Helpdesk
- To use and maintain the company IT Helpdesk logging system, ensuring all calls are up to date and prioritised accordingly so that SLAs are met
- To take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible; escalating incidents to other team members or the ITSDM where necessary
- To build and deploy new hardware/software for users following documented procedures
- To maintain and use the asset management database, ensuring accurate information is being recorded for all assets
- To perform daily backup jobs, rotations and restores in line with the IT Backup Procedure documentation
- *Please note, this position will involve working across multiple sites (Darlington, Sedgefield, Wilton, Newton Aycliffe) on a rota basis with the other ITSD team members
- Candidates should be educated to GCSE level (or equivalent) in Maths, English and IT grades A-C (9 - 4), and enjoy the challenges of problem solving and always seeking to provide a solution fit for purpose.
- Candidates must be committed to following their own personal development plan ensuring this aligns with IT’s tactical objectives.
- It is essential that candidates have practical knowledge of network topologies and networking equipment including routers, switches, firewalls and access points, along with being familiar with all recent Microsoft operating systems. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator and must maintain confidentiality of company data and systems, along with being able to prioritise and maintain a busy workload and strive to provide an excellent service.