Contact one of our consultants
Investigations Officer in London area
Our client provides independent and impartial oversight of the Service complaints system for members of the UK Armed Forces. The Investigator will be responsible for managing complex, sensitive casework; assessing risk, looking at allegations of maladministration, the substance of an investigation and making recommendations on appropriate remedies. The post holder will:
• Undertake complex, sometimes high risk of high profile, investigations of substance and/or into alleged maladministration and potential injustice, identifying and analysing the relevant evidence in each case, making a decision and identifying the appropriate remedy
• Ensure high quality and timely investigations are conducted following guidance in the Operations Manual and consistent with Ombudsman best practice and other casework conducted by the office
• Engage routinely with complainants and the Services, including effective handling of distressed or challenging individuals
• Undertake risk assessments of individual complaintants’ applications to the Ombudsman and flag urgent concerns to senior managers
• Ensure all key documentation and reporting metrics are filed correctly on the casework management system
• Provide support and information to the policy team on trends and issues of particular concern
• Understand and apply the Ombudsman’s visions and values and act as a role model for achieving change and continuous improvement by delivering excellence in complaints handling and sharing best practise
The role is office based with only very exceptional requirements to travel.
Undertake complex investigations, identifying and analysing the relevant evidence, making a decision and identifying the appropriate remedy. Production of a written report within the deadlines for each case.
Experience of complaints handling, casework or investigations.
Ability to interpret and apply regulations, policies and/or legislation to real life situations
Experience of writing complex reports