Contact one of our consultants
Inorganic Laboratory Analyst in West Yorkshire
Inorganic Laboratory Analyst – Leeds laboratory
Salary – £28,785. (Pro-rata)
Contract length – up to 31/07/21, with possible extension.
Location - Holbeck, Leeds
Working in an environmental testing lab as a Grade 4 Analyst in the laboratory, supporting the team and carrying out routine analysis. Looking for someone highly skilled in inorganic chemistry with strong analytical experience.
This role is not suitable for a recent graduate, experience in a working lab is essential.
The duties include:
- Responsibility for carrying out chemical and analysis of environmental samples in the Inorganics department in the Leeds laboratory.
- Working as part of a team helping to motivate and develop staff to provide a world class service to our internal and external customers.
- Provide the delivery of specific technical and scientific activities in line with defined plans while ensuring work is consistently delivered to required standards and service levels.
- Actively promoting health, safety and wellbeing matters ensuring the provision of safe working practices in line with company guidance.
- Supervisory experience with a small team would be highly advantageous, but not essential.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following:
- Combustion analysis
- Discreet analysers
- Continuous flow analysis
- Ion selective electrode analysis
- Infra-red spectroscopy
We are ideally looking for someone who has lots of skills in an Inorganics laboratory as the position is to cover for a very experienced analyst who is currently unable to work.
*Successful candidate will need to obtain a DBS check.