Contact one of our consultants
Information Scientist - Food Science Industry in Surrey
- To provide the Company’s members and clients with excellent services in the area of information provision.
- The Information Scientist helps the organisation and its client with access to relevant, timely and accurate information using the latest formats and technologies.
- This is essential in maintaining our current services and in helping to build and develop our technical knowledge base.
- To manage, co-ordinate and develop existing information subscription services and member databases (40%)
- Demonstrate the value of the services to the clients including monitoring service utilisation and running a programme of Webex demonstrations and/or visits to client’s sites, including extracting client feedback (10%)
- To maintain a high level of best practice in terms of the delivery of knowledge and information-based solutions and recommend and implement change in services and products (10%)
- To support in the development of our digital content delivery strategy (10%)
- To support the rest of the department and business including answering enquires, proposal development, research and literature searching, development and implementation of document & knowledge management strategies, and sourcing and application of external business intelligence (30%)
- To create, maintain and enhance effective working relationships
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Graduate or Postgraduate level qualification(s) in Information Science accredited by CILIP, or related subjects
- Excellent awareness of current information science practice and use of the latest technologies in providing information in the appropriate formats.
- Excellent understanding and/or practical experience of database, search and content management systems
- IT skills, including SharePoint site management experience
- Skilled report writing and presentation skills
- Ideally experience of providing, summarising and extracting business information including market research information and ability to present these in different formats