Contact one of our consultants
Formulation Chemist in Bedfordshire
You would be working for an independent pharmaceuticals company involved in the formulation development of new cosmetic / cosmeceutical products. Participation in the formulation development of pharmaceutical medicines and medical devices would also be expected.
The role as formulation chemist will involve rapid development of novel, wide ranging, innovative formulations from initial design concept through to the final article. This will include aspects such as excipient / packaging choice and compatibility, optimisation of physical characteristics and performing physicochemical stability studies.
Other Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Creation of bench scale prototype formulations
- Assessing physical stability parameters to determine lead formulations and packaging to be taken forward
- Writing development stability protocols and short development reports, SOPs and protocols
- Involvement with scale-up of potential formulations up to 100 kg pilot scale including the opportunity to support manufacture and filling of clinical trial supplies.
- Troubleshoot / re-formulate existing marketed product.
- Continuous improvement in technical knowledge, company processes, and laboratory equipment capabilities.
- Semi-solid formulations development experience, preferably in pharmaceuticals, cosmetics or other skin care products
- A degree in a cosmetic or pharmaceutical science.
- Excellent verbal, written and numerical skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team