Contact one of our consultants
Food Development Technologist in Gloucestershire
Food Development Technologist
Seeking a Food Development Technologist to join the Product Innovation Team. The team has a responsibility through contract and strategic R&D to support the innovation in food products across a broad range of food processing technologies and product categories
The ideal candidate to this team has to have experience in new product and or process development coupled with a passion for developing new products from idea generation to pilot plant production.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning and execution of technical delivery as guided by your line manager or others within the team, ability to plan and manage your own time to meet deadlines. This will be on a blend of research contract and training projects.
- Interpretation of results and preparation of client reports under supervision to agreed standards
- Design and provide support training courses and present (PowerPoint) on external/internal training courses.
- Responding to direct technical enquiries with support as appropriate using information retrieved from relevant sources. The frequency and complexity of which will build with time and experience.
- Through implementation of business development strategies, stimulate areas of research, contract and training in line with the focus area of the job.
- Preparing project proposals/tenders for clients to a level agreed with the line Manager
- Maintenance of equipment and records for business management system purposes
- Assist with hygiene/good housekeeping activities
Qualifications and Competencies
- A graduate in a relevant scientific subject preferably food science/technology or equivalent experience gained through working in the food industry
- A technical knowledge of the food industry (science and technology) across multiple food sectors. Several years (3 to 5) experience of NPD and/or food processing.
- Experience of liaising directly with clients and suppliers regarding development/research projects
- A demonstrable understanding of NPD, and food processing preferably with formulation experience in either beverages, dairy, meat or vegan products sectors. An understanding of the thermal processing of liquid products would be preferable.
- Good verbal and communication skills to support business development and training offerings.
- Effective time management skills.
- Full UK/EU driving licence.
- Effective project management skills from recent experience in the food industry
- Generally, IT literate- with good knowledge of Excel