Contact one of our consultants
Equipment Maintenance Technician and Driver (Managerial Support) - Construction Industry in London area
The position: A requirement exists for an Equipment Maintenance Technician & Driver (Managerial Support) to support the Company’s Equipment Manager.
Salary: £19,555.00 per annum
Hours: 40hour week (normal office hours)
Contract Type: Permanent (probationary period of 6 months)
Holiday: 20 days paid holiday per year in addition to statutory bank holidays
Other Benefits: You will be eligible for auto-enrolment into the company workplace pension scheme after 3 months, and also into the company private healthcare scheme after 6 months. Membership of the current private healthcare scheme includes discounted incentives to maintain wellbeing.
- To support the day-to-day routine of the Equipment Manager whose primary function is ensuring that sufficient equipment resources are managed to fulfil 24 hour, 365 days a year, work requirements.
- Equipment includes among other things, sampling pumps, mobile fans, gas monitors and airless sprayers.
- Maintenance of calibration & maintenance records is a fundamental aspect of this role.
- Full training will be provided for all aspects of the role, but electro/mechanical 110v/240v knowledge a distinct advantage.
- Delivery and collection of equipment or vehicles;
- PAT testing electrical equipment;
- Assistance with getting equipment ready for site incl. manual handling of items;
- Assistance with recalling equipment or reference standards for calibration or maintenance;
- Assistance with arranging calibration or maintenance;
- Assistance with identifying, registering, controlling, calibrating and checking equipment, reference standards, materials and related software; and
- Assistance with carrying out minor maintenance of equipment, vehicles or on the premises.
Must be able to work effectively within a team but be self-motivated and trust-worthy.
They will be expected to be organised, methodical and practical, and show excellent attention to detail. A good command of written and oral English and neat handwriting is essential. A good understanding of health and safety requirements would be beneficial.
- A minimum of 5 GCSE's, including Maths and English,
- Hands-on technical experience
- A full, clean UK driver’s license is essential.
- All applicants must have the right to work in the UK for at least 2 years.