Contact one of our consultants
Entry Level Food Safety Management Systems Advisor in Gloucestershire
The company in Chipping Campden provides scientific, technical, and legislative support to the food, drinks and allied industries worldwide. The food safety management team are expanding and comprises of specialists focussed around the systems and auditing element to consult and train clients in best practice. The team also have a responsibility through audit and strategic R&D support to develop and implement best practice in Hygiene management.
The team provide Food Safety Management System support to primarily the food manufacturing sector. This involves the provision of guidance, with particular emphasis on training (from basic to advanced level); the auditing of HACCP systems and pre-audits against industrial standards such as the BRC Global Standard together with the provision of guidance on the application of food safety and quality management systems in food manufacturing environments.
Whilst services are offered in the UK, many of the activities are focussed overseas in Continental Europe and beyond – largely only limited to Countries where English is the main language spoken.
Duties and responsibilities
- Planning and execution of technical delivery as guided by your line manager or others within the team. This will be on a blend of training projects and contract projects (e.g. audit/pre-audit, consultancy). The complexity of which will build with time and experience
- Present, using PowerPoint and other appropriate techniques, training materials on both scheduled and bespoke client training courses. The frequency and complexity of which will build with time and experience.
- Provide support to others in the team to design, prepare and maintain training course materials.
- Respond to direct technical enquiries, with support from your line manager, including the provision of guidance and performing audits/pre-audits. The frequency and complexity of which will build with time and experience.
- Prepare client reports under supervision to agreed standards.
- Perform internal audits for the Department and site as required.
Qualifications and competencies
- A graduate in a relevant scientific subject or equivalent (e.g. experience).
- Food industry experience in a technical or quality management role within a food manufacturing environment of around 2 years. Applications from new graduates would be welcomed.
- Demonstrable understanding of HACCP principles, with a formal qualification at the UK Level 4 when in post.
- Knowledge of auditing, with formal training when in post.
- Full UK/EU driving licence.
- Basic project management skills from recent experience.