Contact one of our consultants
Electronics Engineer in Oxfordshire
The company is based in Oxford and develops world class technology for display and device products. The group has a mission to create original technology for new-generation displays using organic LEDs (OLEDs) and quantum dot LEDs (QLEDs, QD-LEDs). This group is expanding, creating new opportunities for candidates to have a key research and development role with one of the world’s leading display manufacturers. There is an opportunity for an electronics engineer to join our research team which designs original circuits for thin film transistor (TFT) backplanes of OLED displays. This team’s responsibilities include inventing new ultra-small pixel circuits for high definition displays and new pixel circuits based on oxide TFTs (IGZO). This is an exciting role, focused on research and innovation. They offer excellent training and career development opportunities as well as relocation and employment packages including competitive salary, pension, life assurance and local amenity benefits.
- propose, design, simulate, optimise and test original transistor-level analogue pixel circuits;
- lead the design of drivers (discrete-component mixed-signal circuits) for evaluation of prototype pixel circuits;
- liaise with colleagues in R&D and manufacturing divisions in Asia.
- Masters degree (2:1 or above) or PhD in Electronic Engineering or related subject;
- strong knowledge of transistor-level analogue / mixed-signal design;
- the desire to learn new skills from experienced mentors and apply them quickly;
- a flexible, delivery-focussed approach and good teamwork skills.
- experience of industry-standard design tools (ideally Cadence® EDA software);
- experience in simulation and layout of transistor-level circuits (ideally TFT);
- experience in testing of transistor-level circuits or measurement of small signals;
- experience in analogue and digital discrete-component circuit and PCB design;
- a flair for creating original circuit designs which meet demanding specifications;
- good understanding of the physics of semiconductor devices.