Contact one of our consultants
Electrical Technician Job in West Midlands
This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a highly skilled Electrical Engineering team within a lower tier COMAH facility.
We have a Technician post and Supervisor post available.
The successful candidate will be an experienced, qualified Electrical Technician/Supervisor.
- Electrical preventative and reactive maintenance work in an industrial environment.
- Electrical plant installation and modification work in an industrial environment.
- Statutory inspections.
- The use of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems.
- The ability to use and interpret equipment drawings, manuals and other technical information to assist with all works.
- Work in accordance with the company safe systems of work and permit to work systems.
- Ideally have a good understanding of ATEX requirements including hazardous area classification.
Supervisor Role also includes:
- The first line supervision of a small electrical maintenance team involving preventative and reactive maintenance work in an industrial production orientated environment.
- The ability to mentor and train staff when/where required.
- You will need to have a recognised Electrical apprenticeship.
- Educated to ONC or City and Guilds level 3 (RQF level 3) in an Electrical discipline as a minimum.
- 18th edition electrical wiring regulations.
- Ideally you would have a Compex (Ex01-04) & (Ex05-06) qualification but this is not a necessity.
- Ideally you would also have training with MEWP’s.
- Career development will be possible with both internal and external training available.
- Supervisor Role Only: You will have at least 5 years’ experience in a Petro-Chemical or Heavy Industry environment and be fully conversant with the types of equipment detailed above.
Technician: The salary is £26,000. An additional payment for an electrical call-in rota system will be added once appropriate site knowledge has been obtained.
Supervisor: The salary is circa £32,000, dependant on experience
Also 25 days paid holiday (and all UK Bank Holidays), a 38 hour working week, Monday to Friday 7.54am to 4pm, paid sick scheme, free life assurance and access to a stakeholder pension scheme, based in West Bromwich, West Midlands.