Contact one of our consultants
Electrical Maintenance Technician in Derbyshire
Weekly Rotating Shifts (6am – 2pm, 2pm – 10pm, 10pm – 6am)
Mon – Fri, Full-time, Permanent
To undertake all machine repairs, including electrical, mechanical, instrumentation, and programming, also changeover activities in line with production requirements and lean techniques,
* NVQ Level 3 Electrical with the 18th Edition Essential
** PLC diagnostics/fault finding capability required
Responsible for the care and maintenance of all production machines and tooling including:
- moulds, punches, dies & pins
- heat seal tools/gaskets
- thermoform tooling
- overprint machinery
- all production test equipment
- To actively support and work towards Lean Manufacturing principles.
- To work closely with production departments in the implementation of process improvement, utilising the most cost effective and efficient use of machinery and resources are always maintained.
- To ensure all identified risk assessments are carried out in line with Company procedure and to provide standard operating procedures (SOP’s) for any new installations.
- To provide preventative, fault finding machine installation and planned and reactive maintenance in an efficient and safe manner.
- To carry out routine servicing as scheduled by the preventative maintenance electronic database.
- When identified, lead or assist in project planning and implementation in a timely manner.
- To ensure all calibration requirements are carried out to the time schedule and correct procedure.
- To ensure that proper handover procedures are carried out, communicating any problems or shortfalls during shift and any improvement projects running, completing job log on computer.
- When necessary ensure safe factory closure with regards to alarm setting, plant, machinery, and equipment, carrying out check of all other areas including door/window closure, gate locking and any other security.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties requested by management when necessary.
Technical Skills Profile:
- NVQ Level 3 Electrical with the 18th Edition.
- HNC qualified in engineering, NVQ or ONC considered
- PLC diagnostics/fault finding capability required
- Basic electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic fault finding required, advanced skills are a plus in this area
- Electrical and mechanical machine assembly experience required.
- Computer literate in Microsoft programmes.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Electrical installation and problem-solving capability, able to work independently and safely.
- Self-motivated, driven by continuous improvement ethos and 5S principles
- Ability to mentor/train
- Strong, effective Health and Safety Awareness
- Excellent attendance and punctuality